A Driving license is a mandatory document issued by the Government of India to freely allow a vehicle owner to operate his vehicle on roads. Applying for Driving License in Delhi is a simple procedure. To obtain a Driving License you must fit some criteria. The eligibility criteria, procedure of applying and renewal of driving license are as follows:
- The applicant should be 18 years or above.
- The applicant should have Learner’s license first.
- The applicant must submit the application minimum after 30 days or 180 days after the issuance of learners’ license.
- The applicant must be aware of all traffic rules and regulations.
After obtaining a learner’s license, you must learn how to drive a car. The applicant must sign “L” in their car so that everyone can be aware of the learner in a car.
Documents required For obtaining Driving License
To obtain a Driving license in Delhi, you must have these documents:
- Form No. 4 (application form for driving license)
- Passport size photograph
- Address Proof: (Any one of the below)
- Ration card
- Voter’s ID
- Adhar Card
- Age Proof: (Any one of the below)
- Birth Certificate
- Educational Certificate
The application process for Applying for Driving License
- The applicant can apply for the DL online through the website http://transport.delhi.gov.in/ of the Transport Office. Your application will be submitted easily and immediately you will get notified about the date of your test.
- You have to fill these details:
- Full name
- Father’s name
- Residential address
- Educational Qualification
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Blood group
- Identification mask
- You have to submit the required documents (mentioned above).
- You will be provided a slot for a preliminary test after submitting the required documents mentioned above.
- You need to appear for the online test to obtain a learner’s license. You must have a learner’s license before applying for a permanent driving license.
Applying for renewal of the license in Delhi:
A permanent license is issued to you for a certain period depending on the type of a DL. After the day of expiry, you have to renew your license. You have to approach your zonal office of transport. To renew your license you must deposit these documents mentioned below:
- Form No. 9 (Application form for renewal of license)
- 2 passport size photograph
- Age proof and residential proof
- Medical certificate in Form No.1 in case of applicants above the age 40
- The current DL of the applicant
If the particular documents are verified, the renewed license is handed over the same day.